The ministry team had a discussion about the possibility of changing some of the ways in which we run our Sunday morning communion services. Coming out of Covid has been much more difficult than implementing the original restrictions – getting the balance right between returning to previous traditions and enabling everyone to feel safe in the church buildings is challenging. We agreed the following:
- We will continue with the distribution of communion by the priest dipping the wafer in the wine, but will review whether to return to the common cup again at Easter. If we do, then those who do not want to share the cup can still receive communion in one kind only. Please do speak to Richard or me if you have a strong view one way or the other.
- On any livestream we will show what is happening in the church during communion with effect from next week – 22nd January. If you do not want to be seen on the livestream when receiving communion, please speak to myself, Richard or a warden on duty and we will bring communion to you instead of you walking to the front.
- Sharing the peace can now be done in closer proximity than we currently do, with a handshake or similar, but please be mindful of what each individual will feel comfortable with. Please do continue to include those on the livestream in this part of the service.
- Please do not attend if you have any symptoms or anyone in your household is isolating from the virus.
- 1st and 3rd Sundays at St Mary’s
- 2nd and 4th Sundays at St Francis, Ravenswood Avenue